Powerhead/Wavemaker question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am nearly spamming the forum with all my questions today... sorry. This is the last one. I got a 105G, 48X18X24 Im using 3 maxi jet 1200's attached to a wavemaker pro. Anyone out there have any suggestions of the best placement of the powerheads. Right now they are all against the back wall facing the length of the tank as shown in this picture. Also, will 3 maxi 1200s be too strong a current? I want no limit on what I put in the tank, and if I am limited I would rather it be light than current since current is so cheap. Thanks.

whats you main pump flow ?? with the 3 maxi your at 900 gpr ! and i would prob put one in the middle and the others in both back corners !!

My return line from the sump is doing about 800GPH. So do you think I have too much current in there?

until your fish are plastered to the walls of the tank ya still dont have enough flow imo !! the more the better always ;-)

I would put the powerheads in each corner and have them blowing towards the middle.. With my setup that should be arriving any time I plan to have 1 200GPH powerhead in each corner and my return line directly in the middle.. That way the waves are Chaotic.. In the manual of the Wavemaker it didnt give you any setup ideas???

HTH,
James

I am nearly spamming the forum with all my questions today... sorry.

This is not a problem and what we are here for ;)

Personally...I would put

1) one on the left side front corner, blowing straight, or angle slightly into the tank, about 1/2 way down the side of the tank.

2) One on the right side back about 1/2-2/3 down blowing across the back.

3) on the right side, front towards the top angled into the aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom