Powerhead with cords outside of tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is this a real option? I've never found one. I'm currently using eBay knock off koralias in my 40B, but for my future upgrade I would love to not see the cords! I would love to be able to hide the powerheads so they are not such an eyesore! Is this a real possibility? Cost?

The ecotech mp series of pumps are the only ones I can think of but I just can't justify that kind of cash on powerheads

YIKES!! Just looked those up! They are expensive. I'd have to agree with you that they might not be worth it! Nothing more affordable? ?

They are a little expensive but they are worth it IMO. I have 2 mp10's on one of my 40's and I love them!!!! The adjustability and different modes make them worth the extra money, not to mention how little room they take up in the tank

I guess I better start saving! Can you point the flow in different directions? Or is it just straight? I hate how big and bulky mine are, not so easy to hide

I guess I better start saving! Can you point the flow in different directions? Or is it just straight? I hate how big and bulky mine are, not so easy to hide

It has different settings and can be turned up or down to increase or decrease flow. They're expensive but so worth the investment. The flow they put out is incredible

You still have wires hanging off the tank. Just none inside the tank which is a good thing but not worth paying top dollar for. We have the little guy, a MP10 on the office reef and I use korellia magnums at home. They all work fine, the MP10 is deluxe though.

If you have $$ to burn, the Ecotechs are for you. Mere mortals like me, though...I stick with the Koralias.

My 55 reef is koralias and one mp40...my god is the 40 amazing in comparison. I think it is worth saving up for and wait for a sale. Ecotech products are simply amazing.

Try to find them for sale on Craigslist or other forums sales. People breakdown tanks all the time and will negotiate when desperate.

Back
Top Bottom