Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
I telling ya, I'm about ready to glue the sucktion cups to the glass. I almost had a near disaster again. are there any tricks to keeping the powerhead where it should be? without it falling off and burrowing a hole in my sand bed?

Superglue works wonders... It sticks under water too... he he

What kind of PH's are they?

Super glue or 5 minute epoxy. Only problem is that it wrecks the cups so you can never reuse them. I aleways scrape the glass with a razor before i put my PH Suction cups on the glass.

tighen the cords to take pressure of the suction cups and use duct tape to hold the cords (and weight of the powerhead ;) )

You could make a hang on mount using pvc and zap straps. if you get the right diameter piece of pvc that will wrap around your frame, and take about a two inch section of it cut in half (or almost) lengthwise, drill 2 holes in it to affix a zap strap to, etc.... that may work.

I have the same problem and I didn't want to stress out the cord (you know, underwater and all).

why do they even give you those suction things :x

Has anyone ever tried to rig the hang on assembly of a Tunze skimmer??? :jump:

Only problem is that it wrecks the cups so you can never reuse them. I aleways scrape the glass with a razor before i put my PH Suction cups on the glass.

I scraped the glass and cleaned the cups last night and this morning one out of three detached already.

tighen the cords to take pressure of the suction cups and use duct tape to hold the cords (and weight of the powerhead )

that is a good idea! half the time it don't stick anyway. all the PH's at the lfs hang from cords. why not me?

You could make a hang on mount using pvc and zap straps. if you get the right diameter piece of pvc that will wrap around your frame, and take about a two inch section of it cut in half (or almost) lengthwise, drill 2 holes in it to affix a zap strap to, etc.... that may work.

the problem with this on my tank is I have a tight fitting all glass hood with a twin tube and single tube strip light. I think if I tried this I would have to remove the hood & lights.

On another note I was awoken by what i thought was my alarm clock at 4:00 am, it happened to be the alarm on my lifegaurd big digital temp alarm. My heater craped out! Good thing I had an xtra standing by :roll:

i just strategically place my rocks so the ph can sort of rest on one without the rock interfering with the water intake.
steve

Back
Top Bottom