Powerheads in 46 bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phillipjlael

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi. How many and what size powerheads should I have in a 46 gallon bowfront? I have one that is 700 gph. I was told that would be good but I think it's to strong cause some of the corals seem to be getting to much flow, even the ones that are far from the power. Should I get a couple of smaller ones? If so how small?

Oh and here's a picture.

Attachments

• image-435801109.jpg
    image-435801109.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 236
i think that power head is fine. i would rather have multiple power heads however. facing each other perhaps. the idea is creating a random turbulence.
i had a 40 breeder that had 3 x 750 gph power heads in it, and i felt it wasn't enough.

mr_X said:
i think that power head is fine. i would rather have multiple power heads however. facing each other perhaps. the idea is creating a random turbulence.
i had a 40 breeder that had 3 x 750 gph power heads in it, and i felt it wasn't enough.

Maybe cause I only have one and it's going one way is what is making it seem like it's to much. Maybe if I get another one and put it right across from it and another small on on the bottom behind the rocks it won't seem like so much.

Back
Top Bottom