Powerquad lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RaVenCAD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone used this yet? I'm planning to replace the halides (2x175) with them for my 55... The wattage is sufficient for my needs...

Opinions?

I've seen them at my LFS, bright son of a guns, definitly comparable to 96watt or more and in a smaller more intense area. I have not tried them, so I can say how they work on a tank.

It's a new bulb design by Custom Sealife which basically bends the standard twin tube power compact into 4 tubes... It makes a 96w, 18"x8" bulb, perfect for tight quarters that need some light... The bulb is a 50/50 bulb, so I'm thinking it should look pretty good...

quads

Check www.championlighting.com for the CS quad bulbs...$39.59 each. They also have a 27w bulb that is only 6" long. I didn't see it in a 50/50 though. I thought it would be neat to have an open tank with a hanging pendant using the quad bulbs...they are VERY bright.
Logan J

The tank is in my office, and the fans are very noisy, the lights are very warm and the reef bug faded from me pretty quickly... My love has always been the fish and possibly anemones, but a full on SPS reef just isn't my bag... I know this now =) Luckily I have a buddy that needs more lighting on his, so I'm getting back almost what I put into them, minus the electrical bill of course...

last call for opinions, I'm ordering today... btw, I saw a 2x96 PC Custom Sealife hood at my LFS the other day and I liked how it looked, so this should be very similar...

Back
Top Bottom