Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Prawn goby or chocolate chip starfish may have to go

I have a 55gal tank w 25 lbs live rock, live sand, percula clown, bar goby, prawn goby, green serpent starfish, and a chocolate chip star fish. The Prawn Goby (most recently added) eats the substrate then spits it back out, and i did see it nipping at some algea on the gorgonian, but here is the problem, the gorgonian keeps being tipped over and my plate coral frag keeps getting mashed against the rock no matter where i put it on the sand. and i always see the cc starfish on top of the gorgonian and my button polyps. is the star fish eating them or just moving across them. and i never see it happen but im assuming the prawn goby is moving the coral because that never happened before...any ideas? also is a yellow watchman goby reef safe becasue i saw it eat 3 feeder guppies almost the size of my clown!!!would it be safe because the clown always stays at the top? wow thats a lot of stuff to ask!!!

jth3f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
The CC star is not coral safe. He will eat your corals. If I had to get rid of one I would get rid of the CC star. He is dangerous to your reef.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
yea the choco chip eats corals, especially softies.. you might want to get rid of the green serpent star too...they are voracious eaters and they will eat your fish if they can catch them. I had one get about 8 inches across spread out flat and he ate my clown goby and one of my false percs...and my spiny brittle star..they are probably the most no reef safe-reef safe stars, I named mine the krackin...
I;m so deep that if water tried to listen then the rivers would sink...knowledge is power, get ya weight up!
juice28 is offline   Reply With Quote

chi, chocolate chip starfish, goby, prawn, starfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com