Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-13-2005, 03:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to ogden10
Humus are def more peaceful then clowns. As far as snowflakes you may not see the entire eel all the time, but most of the time mine has his head out of the rock "checking things out" Come feeding time, he is all over, both him and my puffers will eat right from my hand.

If you do decide to add the clown trigger I would def add him last and watch him for a few days to see what happens. Like people I think fish tend to have different aggresion levels, and you may get a mean one, or a not so mean one. If there are problems be prepared to move your rock around, mix up the tank, so there are no territories preset.

Have fun

Old 08-13-2005, 05:06 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

ok snowflakes are great!!!!!!!!!! I have had 1 for almost 1 year and is awesome!!!! a few problems though they are escape artists period. ok i have a story to share one day i was watching tv then i left the room and my sister entered it barely by the time i had reached the bottom of the stairs when my runs out of the room screaming help help the eel is out of the tank.... then we saved it to make a long story short! now almost everyday after feeding time he goes into the skimmer to chase the food that got sucked in, but luckily he hasnt kind figured out how to get out. . . . . or hes so smart that he figured out how not to commit suicide. . . . anyway they r a great fish
by the way about the cleaner crew all i have is a plastic starfish that my mom insisted we put in the tankit still lives

Old 08-13-2005, 11:39 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Could be... I've only got one at the moment, he and my Yellow Tang are buddies.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:51 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to ogden10
Strange, I have noticed that my eel and yellow tang tend to hang out together too.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:50 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Clown triggers have a tendency to get nasty in smaller tanks they need large tanks, Niger is OK but can have an attitude. The more docile triggers are Pinktail, any Xanthichthys such as Crosshatch, Blue Throat or Sargassum.

Kaye
Old 08-19-2005, 06:07 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

i am currently looking at anglerfish (or frogfish as they are also known) very pretty looking and very cool. they only get to about 4 inches, but its another predator to add in

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com