Prefilter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im in the process of setting up a 100 gallon reef tank and the tank is NOT predrilled. I have a sealife systems prefilter (overflow) using a U tube. Whats the best way to set everything up concerning the overflow to ensure that if the power goes out, that when it comes back on everything will go back to working as normal.
Thanks

U tube overflows are usually very good about not breaking syphon. The outside box of the overflow should have two compartments. One has a drain and one does not. Put the U tube so it fills the compartment with out the drain. As Dusty pointed out as long as both ends of the tube stay under water the syphon will not be broken.

Fish
Mine only has 1 compartment on the outside box....its a Sealife System prefilter for 60/100 or prefilter 150/200. I assume its a U-tube as well as its shaped like a U....never have seen a C tube though...
Also in the instructions is says "place the syphon tube into the prefilter as shown making sure the end of the syphon tube is in the surface of the skimmer box and is not touching the bottom surface"....how do I control this?
I assume I will have to just fill the tank up as well as the overflow box and turn the power off and on to see what happens....

Dusty....
The sand is still sitting in the same spot it was the day I bought it from you!! :(
I have been remodeling the 2 bathrooms and I am JUST about finished so I am going to start on this next. Also will probably do a water change soon and get you some more CC. Thanks again...hows the CC in the sump?
Also do you have an overflow box or is your predrilled?

I wish I would have known you had your built. i couldnt find anyone in the area that built them...but I didnt chk in Arlington either!! :lol:
Plan on doing a water change on Thurs so I will get you some more CC...Will let you know for sure after Thurs if the plans did indeed happen!

Back
Top Bottom