Pregnant peppermint shrimp..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

milhous3er

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all !! Great news, my pepp shrimp that I bought on Saturday looks as if he/she is pregnant. I can't seem to find any pics on the web of what one looks like, but the articles that i'm reading is giving the same description of what mine looks like.

So now I have an apstasia eating (she/he took care of that last night) pregnant pepp shrimp !!

My only concern with the pepp is that when I got home last night from work, she/he was almost see through clear. No color at all thats when I noticed the orange/brown eggs. But after my lights were on for a little, its color came back !! I've done research on that, but can't find any. Anyone with a pepp please let me know if this is normal. Thanks

As far as the eggs... in my experience, it's pretty normal that shrimp (cleaner, peppermint) will have a clutch of eggs fairly often. In fact, my Cleaner shrimp would have bunch with every molt - once every 4 weeks or so. The peppermint didn't do it that often, but would on occasion. Nothing ever came of the eggs though and they probably just provided some free food for the fish.

Regarding the coloration, the last peppermint shrimp I bought didn't have the greatest color for the first few days. After 3-4 days though, it's normal coloration seemed to show up. I just assumed it was an acclimation thing.

Peppermints are kind of hit-or-miss when it comes to eating aiptasia. Some will eat them, some won't. Glad to hear yours knew what its job was!

its was soo nice. apstasia here one day, gone when I get home from work...will they eat my one majano ??

Back
Top Bottom