Price for Naso Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anna8297

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been comparing local prices for Blonde Naso Tangs. They seem to range from about $50 to $200 depending on size. I was wondering if this is a pretty average price, or if I would come out better ordering from an online service. Any suggestions for online retailers much appreciated. Also wanted to know if SW fish are more expensive in certain areas of the country, or if prices are pretty uniform.

I would stick with the LFS cuz at least you can see what your buying!! And watch it eat ect. ect. I would never buy fish on the net!! I buy dry goods and such off the net but never live stock!! The net is not THAT much cheaper!! I payed 69$ for my naso tang at the LFS!! It was about 3.5 inches long so.... :wink:

Naso's that big would cost about $125 here!

I would buy from the net if it was cheaper. I bought my White Cheek Tang from Liveaquaria for 39.99 It would have been $80 or more here. It was my first online fish and it was awesome to say the least. It was fat, and hungry. It has been one of the most healthy fish in my aquarium.

Not only that, liveaquaria gives a 14 day gurantee. My lfs gives till the moment you walk out the door. If the lfs has a fair price I will buy from them, buy not usually.

I would only buy from a reputable online store though. Liveaquaria.com (Dr. Foster's and Smith) have not been in business for many, many years for nothing. :wink:

Look in my gallery for a pic of the tang....

just got a blonde naso from saltwaterfish and it is doing very well. They are 30 + shipping... Shipping was free becasue severl of us did a group buy to hit the magic number. Its about 2.5- 3" , first fish I got online...

My husband just went online shopping for my birthday present. They will be delivered this week. In the batch is a LARGE blonde naso...I am really excited.
I have not gotten anything from this company before so I am hoping all goes well.
This fish is supposed to be between 10-12 inches. For this size fish, the price was quite reasonable IMO.
( I am also getting a school of chromis, a pearly jawfish and the six line wrasse I have been trying to find)

Back
Top Bottom