Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-17-2005, 11:25 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
Overhead folks....LFS's have overhead and then a profit that they need to have as well. In most cases this is why prices are more. A LFS will not continue to overcharge if no one buys the product. They will drop the price and/or remove it totally. I am not saying that all LFS's are the same...nor are all online places....keep in mind that in most situations..you get what you pay for. When spending a lot of money on something it doesn't hurt to ask for a deal....

My current project underway
180 SW
2 overflows wet/dry ETSS skimmer Mag18 pump 2 Stealth Titanium heaters
Dog Face Puffer
Bamboo Cat Shark
Foxface Lo
Volitan Lion
and the almighty domino Damsel
the21kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:28 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
I understand the overhead issue. BUT A major petstore like petsmart or petcetera has the advantage of buying in large volumes so theoretically their pricing should be cheaper than the little guy on the corner. This may work on paper but infact it is never true. If you check out pricing on www.jlaquatics.com the price you pay online is the price you pay walking into their store. The only problem for me is they are 4 hours away now. The same bucket of IO salt that is $118.00 plus tax, at the major chain, I paid $72.00 inc tax and shipping through J&L.

easyian is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com