Prime and tap water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I plan to use ro/di water from my lfs BUT if I were to use tap water, what would be the best conditioner? Is there a conditioner to get rid of phosphates to prevent algae?

I would go with plan and use ro/di water. :-D

Prime would be ok if youre in a pinch and NEED to do a pwc or a top off using tap water. But from experience I can tell you tap water will just cause problems down the line. Took me months to get my phosphates back down after using tap for about 2 months.

As far as I know there arent any water conditioners that can remove phosphates. There are liquid chemicals that claim to reduce phosphates but that's about it.

carey said:
I would go with plan and use ro/di water. :-D

Prime would be ok if youre in a pinch and NEED to do a pwc or a top off using tap water. But from experience I can tell you tap water will just cause problems down the line. Took me months to get my phosphates back down after using tap for about 2 months.

As far as I know there arent any water conditioners that can remove phosphates. There are liquid chemicals that claim to reduce phosphates but that's about it.

Oh ok I'll go ahead and use ro/di.

Back
Top Bottom