Prime Reef Formula One Pellet Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john0087

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all,

Anyone have any experience with this product? I have been using Prime reef Formula one and Formula two flake for a while know with good results. But I am thinking that I would like to try one flake and one pellet food, just to keep it mixed up.

Thanks

John

I havn't used this food, but in general variety is good for your fish. You could also try vegtables and seafood bits on occasion as you have it in the house.

I use all the prime reef stuff, switching up for the fishies. They all do really well and have never had any of my fish turn it down.

You could also try vegtables

I have tried to get my Coral beauty to take sheets of Nori, but she won't. She is constantly searching for algea to pick on my rocks.

How do you get angels to take veggies that are not growing on rocks. I think she is a little underfed as she has recently started to become a little bit more aggressie with my other fish.

Thanks

John

My Tang wont touch seaweed in the clips on the side but after it saw me feeding the seaweed to the cleaning crew about 6-8 times, via tied on a piece of rock, now it tears it up pretty soon after it hits bottom.
Might try it if you haven’t already.
Hth
Mike

If you want greens, my finicky PBT loves the Formula Two flakes more than anything. There is a frozen food, Emerald Entree, that is a great variety with some meaty foods, but plenty of greens for your angel!

I usually feed Formula one in the morning and prime reef in the evening. I will try forumual reef tonight.

Thanks

john

I usually feed Formula one in the morning and prime reef in the evening. I will try forumual reef tonight.

You are feeding twice a day? Is that one for your corals and one time for your fish? I feed my fish at least every other day....

yeah, twice a day

Even at twice a day, my fish tear into the food. And still, the angel picks at rocks and chases my damsel away from food evertime I feed.

I figure 2 small feedings is better than one larger one. I have never had any problems with water quality, and I just replaced my Seaclone skimmer with a Remora.

Should I try a different band of food? I wanted to make my own meal, but the wifey isn't too keen on fish mush in the freezer.

Let me know if I should change things up, but like I said, the fish seem starving when I feed.

Just pick up and try a new kind at the LFS. I avoid stuff I know is cheapo, but other than that, it will all do. ;)

The frozen stuff in cubes is good though. My wife is like yours she won't let me make a big gross mess in the freezer. So the precubed stuff is clean and easy to use.

the fish seem starving when I feed.

They are like my dog. My fish do the same thing. I used to feed every dan and am now down to every other day. They will be fine and will get used to it. It is actually bad feeding them too much.

Soak your food in garlic, it encourages finicky eaters and is good for the immune system.

It is actually bad feeding them too much

Yeah,

I totally agree, thats why i was trying to do more frequent but smaller feeds. Trust me, I am not putting a lot of food in the tank when I feed, but I will try once a day and see what happens.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom