Prizim or Remora skimmer?? Whats better in you ropinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most people will recommend Remora or Remora Pro. I am still new and do not have one yet so I cannot give you any first hand experience. When I do buy one I will but the Remora Pro.

Sure, the Prizm is very picky and many people have trouble getting it to produce any reliable skimmate.

The Remora uses spray injection for bubble production. There is no venturi to clog and no air adjustment to fool with. The Remora also uses a MJ1200 pump (providing you order it) which is one of the most reliable powerheads available. The only adjustment on the Remora is the height of the collection cup which makes it very user friendly.
The Prizm has a pump that leaves something to be desired...it loses its prime very easily. Although there is no adjustment for airflow, you have to adjust the water flow on the Prizm and this is a tricky process that has to be done often. The collection cup on the Prizm uses an O ring for a seal and it's prone to leak. If you set your water flow too high, it WILL leak. The Prizm Pro is pretty much a larger version of the Prizm with the primary difference being that it will put more water in your floor faster than the regular Prizm.

Remora. Keep the injector nozzle clean by doing a 60 second maintance to it once a month and you will have years of trouble free operation. If you really want to boost performance copule the Remora with the Mag3 pump.

My LFS won't even sell the Prizm, even though he carries them. He has special ordered me a Remora. He says that if you like to clean water up off the floor, go with the Prizm, otherwise get something that actually works!

Well I guess you alll made up my mind for me. I was favoring the Remora but I wanted to make sure.

I'll be getting it with the Maxi-jet 1200(295 Gph)

Thanx all! :D

I also stopped selling them due to customers flooding there floors. Those where not fun phone calls to answer!

Back
Top Bottom