Prizm or Remora?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red sea prizm, or Remora hang-on

• Remora Hang-on

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prizm

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Remora is going to win this one by a landslide. Other than cost, there is not much of a reason to get the Prizm.

I voted for the remora. I've never used one...but I just removed my prizm last night and replaced it with a CPR bak-pak2R.

A prizm will skim, but you'll constantly be fiddling with it to keep it skimming properly, and it's underpowered. I wouldn't put it on anything larger than a 30gallon.

I was planning on getting the remora, but a stupid lfs guy said to get the prizm, probably just because they don't carry the remora. :roll:

I bought a Bak Pak 2R which works nicely and is quiet. But if I didn't have a BAK PAK 2R, I would have a Remora.

I live in the UK, started with a prizm & have just bought a Remora from the makers there in the states, all I can say I wish I'd never wasted the money on the prizm!!

Cheers Shelton.

Remora hands down...
IT's cake to set up...
No real set up other then moving the collection cup up and down and doesn't get easier to empty it...
Cleaning is cake too.. maybe once a year job. I cleaned mine after 6 months of use and it wasn't needed...

Back
Top Bottom