prizm pro delux skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prizm Skimmer ppds

I'm using a P S it's really great my tank is 66g fish/reef, it's not a ppds
the only diff to a PS & a PPDS is the PPDS has an attatchment to skim the water much closer to the surface and also an att to add medication to it
I THINK IT"S GREAT
HIWFY.
:mrgreen:

my lfs phoned me today saying they had just got 10 of them in so im going too pick one up for $145 canadian.

I have one on my 65 gallon reef. I love it!!!!! After I got it adjusted it works great. It took me a couple of weeks to get it adjusted perfectly, so be patient. :D

Those who have the newer pizm pro and pro deluxe do you think it runs loud? Some users complaned of the origonal prizm was that it was loud.

I never really thought this myself.

i just set up my prizm pro delux and i can barely hear it, so they must have fixed what ever was wrong with the previous model.

yes it comes with a pump, surface skimmer and carbon, i got it cheap because the lfs gives me deals and the price kept droping the longer it took for it too come in i was hopeing for it too come in next week and it woulld have cost me $130

im not sure exactly what kind of pump it is but it says turbo jet and it has 18 fan blades, ill will check and see if i can get any more at that price.

The prizm skimmer is basicly an all in 1 unit where you get the pump with it as the pump sits at the bottom of the intake chamber and is sealed with a rubber o ring. I would compair it to a powerhead that was cut in half. All you have is the impeller and motor housing. The rest of wat would be the powerhead does not exist because the impeller is contained within the intake chamber of the skimmer.

I bought my prizm pro with my tank and its not loud at all. It works great and is a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom