Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-26-2003, 10:54 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just to keep it fair and balanced , I pulled my Prizm out of the garage last month and put it back on my 30g. After days of tweaking and pulling both a wet and dry foam....I was unable to get anything but a watery, very weak cup of tea by the end of each week. I just don't find this to make any difference in the tank, especially not for the $100 price tag back when I bought it. Is anyone pulling out anything thicker and darker, I would like some other opinions....photos would be even better. It's tough to quantify sometimes what is a light/medium/heavy bioload so I wouldn't mind comparing.

HoopsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 11:04 PM   #12

I really hated mine a first also. I did finally figure it out though. It is vry sensitive to adjustments and it seems that if you can see the adjusting knob move that you went to far.

Old 12-27-2003, 02:22 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Any chance you can take a pic of the full (partially full) collection cup?
HoopsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:41 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
Quote:
Originally Posted by captivereefs
The prizm does a fine job on smaller tanks. All manufacturers over rate there product. The key is how it is adjusted. Mine runs the best when the bottom of the foam is right where the bottom of the neck meets the skimmer body. This skimmer actually pulls out alot of garbage from my tank. It does however stop once in awhile! I do think it is a good skimmer for a small tank; no more than 29 gallons.
Exactly! Mine is the same...same adjustment level and it also quits once in a while...not very often and a cleaning always puts it back in operation. I'll try to get a pic of mine tomorrow for you as well.

Tags
prizm, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com