Pro Aquatics 125 wet dry filter - HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NameTaken

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got a pro aquatics wet dry filter iwth a new tank (well new to me, it was used, so was the filter). I am not sure how to set it up.... does anyone have one of these???

I have it running.. and the overflow type box that feeds the syphon tube - the end where the gravity tube takes the water to the bioball chamber. That box has a round spnge around it. It makes these sucking sounds like a bathtub draining constantly. - I am not sure how low to position the over flow box into the tank. If its wrong, it creates a huge disaster (either the lower bioball chambers are too low thusly shorting out my pumps, or too high and spilling over)

I basically need some sort of instructions! please anyone?

D

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
I am having a bit of trouble understanding the question. Is it the noise you want to reduce? First things first...what are you using as a return pump from the sump to the tank? How many gal/hr is the pump? What size tank?

hello thank you for the wecome :)

its 125 gallon tank.

I ahve two pumps - one is unknown (from the sump to a UV sterilizer)
The other goes from the UV Sterilizer back into the tank, and its 700 gph.

The problem seems to be in the overflow - which is a box that hangs on the back of the tank. The overflow box part A sits INside the tank. The rim of it is cut into fingers. The water flows through these fingers into the box. A syphon tube takes this water and puts it into box B on the back of the tank. A hose connects box B to the sump. This hose came with a round sponge that is supposed to fot around it. When I put the hose on, it seems to start making that awful noise because the water is not getting to the hose fast enough, thus creating the slurping/draining sound.

If I take the sponge off, the sound goes away. I have the system balanced out finally, but still the sponge makes the sound. I am just not familiar enough with this to get it all correct :)

Is there any air in the top of the U tube tht goes from box A to Box B? I would just leave the sponge off as it seems to be impeeding the flow.

I agree with lando, check the siphon tube, I had the same thing happen to me when air was present, removed the air from the tube, problem gone...

I have one currently that I converted into a Berlin. It still makes the gurgling sounds from the overflow box every now and then. This biggest part to this is to check the round sponge daily to make sure there are no clogs from food or algae, or your pump in the wet/dry will pump the water out faster than the water coming into it. Just wait until you have to syphon it with all kinds of green algae in the U tube. Tastes good! LOL.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom