pro clear aquatic systems protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drm

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,

I inherited/purchased (with a bunch of other equipment) a very large pro clear aquatic systems wet/dry filter with protein skimmer. (protein skimmer is in the first chamber the water passes through, then water proceeds to next chamber with bio balls, etc.) I am not using the bio balls and was going to try to set up the second part as a type of refugium/using the whole set up as a small sump I guess?
Anyway... I just don't know how the protein skimmer goes together :) . I have emailed the manufacturer, but I have not received a response and it has been a week. Does somebody else have this equipment or can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks...

I'm not familiar with that brand...perhaps if no one has the info you need, you could post pics? We can, between all of us, probably figure it out.

I have this sump and I will try to explain it. The skimmer has a pump. There should be a small PVC tube and two elbows with the kit. Attach the elbows to each end of the tube so that is forms an elongated "C". The center tube should also have a little port to attach a lenght of air-line tubing to it. Attach the assembled tube to the out put of the pump. Look at the filter with the skimmer box on your left. Place the pump, tube assembly in the skimmer compartment so that the tube assembly is exiting the pump towards the back of the filter and it is sticking up. Basically, you should see the open hole of the tube assmebly facing you. Slide the clear cylander body of the skimmer over the tube assembly that is sticking up. It should now be inside of the cyliner. Run the air hose under the cyliner and out over the side of the filter so that the valve is open to the air. Put your skimmer collection cup on top of the clear cylinder and put the drain tube from the cup into a 2 liter pop bottle or something. Plug in the pump and adjust the air flow with the valve. Sorry if it is confussing.

Thanks for your help. I guess I'm missing the pvc tubing, which has made this project less than intuitive.

Supposing I did have the tubing... the large, clear cylinder has what looks to be a hole for a tube attachment about 2/3 of the way up. Would the pvc tubing attach to this, or does the pvc tubing just hang out in the middle of the cylinder? If it does not attach, then what might? I guess I'm still not clear on how this contraption actually "skims" anything? :?

My pump has a narrow black tube coming from it that has a type of on/off valve at the end. Is this my air tubing (perhaps in lieu of the one that you have on your center pvc tubing?). Maybe this is a different model. It would be the correct length to reach out of the water.

Thanks for your assistance!

This is now sounding a bit different from mine. Is is possible for you to post a couple pics of this set up? That may help. Can the place or person you bought this from be of any assistance?

Back
Top Bottom