problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
10s-chick said:
well u only see one section of rock in that pic I do have alot of coraline algae but my tank is only fish so I only have a basic light not for a reef setup.

Ok,that can explain it.

As mentioned a few posts ago. There are multiple varieties that require different light levels. I have Coraline algae growing on the bottom of rocks and on power heads that get very little light. I have dove in caves with the stuff coating the walls. So there are different kinds.

so back to the things on my glass, they are worms or eggs of worms and they are ok to have but what if I don't have a wrasse to eat them? will the Tangs eat them?

If it looks like lice and is moving then its pods which your fish will eat or they will go back to the live rock.

If they are worms, which I don't know anything about then its something different maybe.

:)

well I do know what pods are and that is not what they are so if they are worms can someone tell me if I need to get rid of them?

IMO you dont want to get rid of them. They will eventually become fish food. In the meantime they are great filter feeders and will help to clean the tank.

I have a bunch of those types of things on my glass from time to time. I was pretty sure they weren't copepods (they weren't moving) but when I noticed one of my fish snacking on them I figured they couldn't be bad. I don't worry about anything in my reef unless I notice a major change. I wouldn't consider that a major change.

Back
Top Bottom