Problem Damsels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sergie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a couple damsels that have been nothing but trouble as of late. They actually bit and took a chunk out of my wrasse RIP. My LFS said they'd take them for store credit but I can't figure out how to take them both out. Their home is in the heart of my rock base and I don't want to pull out all the rock and ruin the rest of fish homes. Are there any tricks to getting them out without disrupting the whole tank. They're too quick and smart for just netting.

wow, I hadn't seen that link before. I couldn't see myself trying to hook my fish. I've caught too many fish by the gills trying real fishing... has anyone actually used that method?

I've heard of a trick using just a torch and a net.After lights have been out for an hour shine a torch to where the damsels are usually and net them,apparently the shock of the bright light slows them right down.I'm sure I read this in a post here a while back

I have heard about that method as well, and not even needing a flash light, you could turn on all your lights and stun them. Or you can leave a net in there for a couple days and then one night, use a red light to find them and move the net over. Fish don't see the red light so you might sneak up on them.

Yea man I had the same problem they keep attacking my clown fish but I ended up taking out all of my rocks just just to get them out and it was funny as soon as I went to put the net in they where gone but I would not do as I did it's like my cycle started over again with all of the golden brown dust that I have know just go get a anamini to eat them as the lfs said

Yea man I had the same problem they keep attacking my clown fish but I ended up taking out all of my rocks just just to get them out and it was funny as soon as I went to put the net in they where gone but I would not do as I did it's like my cycle started over again with all of the golden brown dust that I have know just go get a anamini to eat them as the lfs said
Your lfs said that an anemone will eat diatoms?????Not a chance,diatoms(brown dust) is just part of cycling your tank and will go soon enough.

Get a fish trap on line and tie a piece of fishing line on the trap door. Bait the trap with brine shrimp or the damsels favorite food, wait for him to enter and drop the door on him. I have removed several trouble makers over the years in my 300 gal reef.

Back
Top Bottom