Problem w my zoanthids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skings421

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a frag orange zoanthid and it hasnt opened up since the day i bought it from the LFS. I tried moving it around the tank, thinking that may have been the problem but it still hasnt opened for about a week now. it doesnt look dead though as the bulbs (lack of a better term) are tightly closed. Any advice?

Just wait and see? I have two zoa rocks and one yellow polyp rock in my tank. One zoa and the polyps opened up almost immediately to being added to the tank. The other zoa rock has some of the polyps opened but about 90% of them are still closed tight. Not sure what's going to happen with them, but I will have to wait and see.

Make sure they aren't getting too much flow. At least at first. Too much flow and they will never open. They will open regardless of the amount of light, but you will see them stretch looooooonnng if there isn't enough light. Then you can move them higher up on the live rock.

Back
Top Bottom