Problem with Coralife PC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bodie

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is kind of dumb question, but I figured I'd give it a try. I've got a Coralife Power Compact straight pin hood and I'm changing the bulbs for the first time. I was able to remove one of the bulbs fine, but the other bulb will not budge. I don't notice any salt build up or rust on the fixture. Has this ever happened to anyone else and does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remove that bulb?

Just keep slowly working it; it will eventually pop off. When yu reinstall the bulbs use a little dielectric grease to help stop the rust.

I have not seen or used a coralife fixture but the stright pin PC bulbs that I have used in the past have had endcaps that lock the bulb and to release you angle the bulb in the endcap and then the pins release. Maybe this will help.

I was thinking that there might be some kind of lock holding the bulbs in place, but I haven't been able to find anything. And the first bulb came off, but I suppose it's possible that I happened to move it into a position that released the bulb. I will give it a try with the other one. I've been trying to slowly work it out, but it appears as though I'm not making any progress. If I ever get it out I will try using some dielectric grease on the new bulbs. If anyone has any other advice or tips I would greatly appreciate it. Man am I frustrated...

Mo locks on the coralife endcaps. Sometimes the wet environment just makes them stick. You can try prying them, just be careful not to break a pin in the endcap!

I tried prying them and fortunately i was able to get the bulb off without breaking anything. Thanks for all the advice.

Back
Top Bottom