Problem with my SeaClone Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
Its powered my a Maxijet 1200, and I can't get the dern thing set propperly.

It pours billions [ well, I may be exagerating a little ] of microbubbles into my tank, and the froth either dosn't ever work its way up to the cup, or gets up there so fast that the cup is full in a few hours.

I can't seem to get that twisty little airvalve set just right..

Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks.

This darn thing is sooo touchy. I had one for about 3 months and it never produced foam on a continual basis.

The best foam I did get it to produce was when I closed the air valve just enough to get the water level in the riser to hit the bottom of the collection cup. It is a small threshold here. If you open the venturi valve too much, the water level falls too far below the cup. Close it too tight, and not enough air is drawn into the riser and the water level gets too high.

You may have to keep fiddling with it a little everyday to see what level it does the best on.

If you can, budget for a new skimmer. While the SeaClone is better than no skimmer at all (when working that is) there are far better ones out there that give constant foam production.

Oh I forgot to ask if this was a new skimmer. If so, then it won't produce any foam for a few days or so until it is broken in. During this time microbubbles are also to be expected.

Its not a new skimmer.

It came with the SW aquarium I recently bought, and ran on that for 3 months before I got it.

Oh I just can'y leave the sea-clone posts alone I have had one for over a year and it about got thrown away quick. I have learned after searching that there are modifications that can be made to make them work better the most common is replacing that crappy adjustment valve there just isn't enough adjustment to them the threads are to coarse. I have tried a few different ones and the little blue t valve that comes in a package of ten with other airline tubing connections for about 3 dollars works the best but you have to replace them every 3 months or so, mine has been running perfectly every since the day I replaced that darn valve. Give that a shot it'll stop those fricking bubbles one other thing that black dohicky that the airline plugs into if that gets to full of crap it'll do the same thing so check that too.

Back
Top Bottom