Problem with RO unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally figured it was time to change out all the cartridges in my Aqua FX RO/DI unit. I didn't realize it was going to cost $120+ for everything I needed so I thougth I would try and salvage the parts from my old RO unit that was a POS that leaked constantly. It was only used to make a small amount of water so I figured the RO membrane, carbon and micron filter would still have some life left in them. I switched them over to my baraccuda and flushed it for probably 15minutes total. I filled and drained the holding tank several times but my TDS meter still says 7. I didn't have a DI cartridge replacement so I just left it off because it looked gross, could this be a problem?

BTW, my tap water is about 160 and when the unit was unit I got TDS readings of 0-2.

I would guess thats the problem. I just changed everything on mine, I feel you pain. $$

I put the DI cartridge on from the ebay unit and now the TDS meter says 0-1 :D I think these recycled parts will hold me over until I get some $$ for new parts.

How often do you flush your membrane and for how long? How often shoud the membrane and other components be replaced? I know it varies depending on how bad your water is but a rough guess.

Back
Top Bottom