problemaic hair algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackthunda77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok ive posted b4, and i dont knwo what to do anymore. ive done water changes, phossphate sponges, reduced feeding, ammonia-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-0 calcium should be good, dosing regularly, phosphate is showingalil high but less than 1ppm, then again it could be 0 cuz ive heard the test kit i have by hagen is not that great. what should i do now??? its starting to grow on some of my polyps. 2 thigns i didnt try are as follows, load tank up with more hermits and snails.....should i do that?? somoe told me oto stock up on like 50 bluelegs in my 55 gal. also should i cut my lighting ??? its on like 10 hrs a day but i have plyps and mushrooms and a sebae anemone so i dont want to make a neg impact on the corals. any ideas that will work for me??

Mexican Turbo snails took care of my hair algea problem, I would say about a half dozen should do you right. Sit back and watch them go to work.

Are you using RODI water?? That would be the biggest help!! What size tank and how many fish?? Also what kind of skimmer?? A good skimmer goes a long way

umm, i guess ill buy some moxican turbos. its a 55 gal with i cardinal, morron cliwn and lawnmower blenny. tried to keep fish to mionimum till this gets resolved.

I have to ask.. How do I tell if my Turbos are mexican?? I don't think they are as there are no little bottles of tequilla in my tank nor any snails in little sombraros. So how do you tell..

Doan

I believe the mexican turbos are much larger than the regular turbos. I am not certain though.

Back
Top Bottom