Problems, problems, problems!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theseainside

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I AM NEW TO SALT WATER THIS IS MY FIRST REEF TANK, I HAVE SPENT WELL OVER $1000 ON IT. I HAVE 6 KILOS OF LIVE-ROCK, 2X BUBBLE TIP ANEMONE, A PAIR OF OCLLARIS CLOWNS, A PAIR OF FIRE GOBIES AND 1 CORAL BEAUTY ANGLE. I ALSO USED TO HAVE A BABY BLUE TANG AND A CORAL BANDED SHRIMP. MY BABY BLUE TANG DIED OF ICH SO I HAD BUMPED UP THE TEMPERATURE TO 29 DEGREES CELSIUS AND A WEEK ON MY CORAL BANDED SHRIMP DIED, I DONT KNOW WHY, HE JUST DIED D. SOOOOOO I HAVE CURRENTLY PUT THE TEMPERATURE OF THE WATER DOWN TO 26 DEGREES (I STILL HAVE ANOTHER WEEK TO COMPLETE FULL ICH TREATMENT) CELSIUS AGAIN, I CHECKED MY WATER PERAMETERS:
HIGH RANGE PH: 8.2, AMMONIA: 0.25 PPM, NITRITE: 0. PPM, NITRATE 0. PPM :
WHICH SEEMS TO BE FINE, AND I HAVE HAD AN AGAL BLOOM WITH ALGAE COMPLETELY COVERING THE BACK OF MY TANK ALL OVER THE SAND BED!!!!!
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO CAN SOMEONE PLS HELP ME
I DONT WANT TO KILL ANYMORE FISH/INVERTEBRATES AND I DONT WANT TO LOSE ANYMORE MONEY.
I AM ABOUT TO BUY AN AQUA ONE G216 PROTEIN SKIMMER AND AN AQUA ONE NAUTILUS 600LPH. BY THE WAY I AM RUNNING AN AQUA ONE 620T
PLS WHAT CAN I DO TO IMPROVE MY TANK!!!!!:confused::confused::banghead::banghead: :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

How big is the tank? Is the other livestock still living or in a QT? How are you treating the ich? Tell me more about the set up, lighting? Power heads, filters, you said a skimmer was on the way, that's good. How often do you do PWC? Where do you get your water?

Hang in there, I am sure we can help you out!

Only 2 ways to treat ick, hypo or copper, both need done in a separate tank. And your main tank will need to be fallow (fish less) for 8-10 weeks for the ick life cycle to die off without a host (fish). Do not add anything, at 3 months you shouldn't have anything except a few fish in there. The nems probably will not make it with ammonia readings, they shouldn't be introduced into a tank for 8-12 months till your tank matures and perimeters stabilize.They are not a beginner coral. What size of tank, lighting ect. Just slow down, it takes 2 years to have a successful reef tank. Rushing will only cost you more money.

How did you treat for ICH? Did you use chemicals? if so; did you treat in tank or in seperate tank/bucket?

From my knowledge I think high temperature only works on fresh water ick. Is that the method you were using?

Back
Top Bottom