problems with snails and emerald crabs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

army6192plt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
has anyone ever had problems with emerald crabs and snails on their corals? I have been seeing the snails get onto the corals in my tank, and the corals retract back into themselves. Then tonight I saw an emerald crab on my frogspawn. Is this a problem??
thanks
tj

Shouldn't be a problem. They are probably picking pcs of food off of it. Some might say keep an eye on that emerald, but you shuld be safe.

if i dont epoxy my frags down they tend to be knocked off the rocks 2-3x a day

once my large emerald knocked off a frag that i had epoxied down.

my emerald crab cruises all over my tank on all of my corals without it being a problem. At least my corals look good and it doesnt seem to bother them that much. However he does try to eat my silver xenia. Its okay though because I need some thing to keep it in check! :) I'm not sure if its killing my snails or if its my hermits killing them for the shells. I've never actually seen him attack a snail yet. Good luck either way!

Big emeralds have been known to eat cleaner shrimp. My son lost two cleaners to an emerald that's as big as a silver dollar.

Back
Top Bottom