Progress update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saberry

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I have not been around so much lately so I thought I would drop in and give an update on my tank as it approaches month five. And like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words so I've added 4 new pictures to My Gallery.

Quick question too. For those of you who have had, and removed glass tops, do you think it made any difference on light intensity into your tank? I have 4x65 PC for a total of 260W on my 75gal and would like to experiment with some more lps's and want to maximize my light output first.

I would remove the glass top if I were you. I have been going "topless" for months now. I get much better light penetration as my corals have really taken off since then. A very noticable difference. You will find that you will need to top-off at least every other day, but is not a bad thing.

If you go topless use some eggcrate. I am a rookie but just put in some inverts friday and I think my Fire Shrimp already pulled a Houdini on me....he is MIA. Still looking under the couch, chairs, tables, rocks etc for him.......I hope its premature but RIP little buddy

Back
Top Bottom