Project Cube Completed *pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I moved the 30G oceanic cube from my office to my house today and tied it in with my 105G main tank. It was a beast of a project but its flowing now and everything appears to be in harmony. As for the future, I still have no idea what im going to do with it, but the bump from 135 to 165 gallons feels good. Probablly means I am sitting on around 145 after displacement.

Sorry bout the pic, the halides on both tanks cut off before I got finished cleaning up and around to taking a picture.

Attachments

• projectcube.jpg
    projectcube.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 175
Looks great. Are these tanks in your living room?
Thanks! My tanks are actually in the basement, but its a lot like a living room. I have renovated it into my little hideaway/theater room. Luckily the laundry is in another little room down here so I have plumbing right next to the tanks for making RO/DI and a big closet with a concrete floor where I hold all my pre-made SW.
It feels like christmas eve here, I can't wait to wake up in the morning and see it finished with the water cleared up lol.

I used to have my tank in the basement with my home theater stuff. I loved it too. I could have lived down there :)

I moved recently so my new basement is unfinished. I need to design up something I guess :)

I moved recently so my new basement is unfinished. I need to design up something I guess
I know the feeling, when we bought this house the basement was a concrete shell with three screw in light sockets and an extension cord run from the garage above lol. Its fun though, just think about the magic words "Big, in-wall, reef" hahaha
Nice...keep the pics coming!
Thanks Lando, your post the other day about frag tanks motivated me to get off my a** and get it done.
Oh, it wasn't 100% silky smooth, just found out the bulkhead in my overflow must have come a little loose cause I have got some slow drippage down the back side, praise the drip loop!

Here are a couple pics now that the lights are on. Please excuse the mess. There are some cords yet to manage and the coral placement in the cube is just "tossed them in" right now. I won't keep that acro up against the glass for long =)

Attachments

• projectcube3.jpg
    projectcube3.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 492
  • projectcube2.jpg
    projectcube2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 105
The cube has an old brown acro that is slowly coloring up and a large M. Cap that I need to trade off for something. I have a couple new acros coming tomorrow and they had to go to make room in the main tank. Aside from those two I have some sea grass, a lot of halimeda, and a full ebay det. kit from Bob in there.

For anyone curious, the full shot is a good comparison for 20K vs. 10K. I personally don't dig 10K halides so I got a helios 20K coming tomorrow for the cube. One thing I am excited about is that my corals seem to be more expanded today than they usually are, so far I think everyone inside is digging an extra 25% volume.

BTW...I just checked out your website. Loved the pics of San Fransisco and wine country. One of my favorite places on earth. I better check expedia now...

Thanks Lando, we had a really great time out there. Unfortunately we only stayed about three days but we drove the coastline and did plenty of early morning wine tastings. We were a sorry lot of people come noon. I'll update this post with a link to the pics of my new arrivals in a few hours when they are done dripping.

Back
Top Bottom