Prop tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loganj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Set up some tanks to propagate corals. Not much growing in there right now...seamat, zoanthids, sarcophyton, and some shrooms. Hope to fill it up over the next few weeks though. Here's the specs.
2 20 longs...one drilled in the bottom
Maxi Jet 1000 for circulation pump
Top tank also has Maxi 1000 and Powersweep 212 for extra circ
Bottom tank has 2 15w and 2 20w lights...actinic/daylight mix
Top tank has 1 55w and 1 65w 50/50 PC's
DSB in lower tank...about 1 1/2" in top tank...Carib Sea Seaflor
Added some substrate from the 10g
Racks are made from 1/2" CPVC and egg crate
Not sure how well this is going to turn out, but I guess time will tell.
Logan J

Well, added some more stuff to the tanks last night. 4 more Ricordia, 2 frilly mushrooms, 3 sarcophytons, and some assorted shrooms. So far, everything seems to be doing well in there. The sarco frags extended polyps within 1 hr of being glued to the new rocks. I just scattered the shrooms on the substrate instead of putting them in trays this time...see how it works. I ordered 20 astrea snails, 20 cerith snails, and 20 blue leg hermits yesterday. Also turned a small blue damsel loose in the bottom tank...couldn't resist. Added 3-4lbs of LR from store tanks and my 10g to each tank. Thinking the bio load will be fairly small so there shouldn't be a need for a lot of bio filtration...what do you think? Might throw another damsel in the top tank, but that's still only about 2" of fish in 40g of water. Water parameters are right on so far. Only thing I'm really worried about is an outbreak of algae...especially in the top tank where there is 130 watts of PC.
Logan J
EDIT: Moved this to SW General as it seemed to fit there better.

The diatoms are here. Nice brown coating on the whole darn tank. Thought it would take them a little longer to show up. Oh well. Nitrite is at .25 today although there has been no ammonia anytime I have tested (every day). Guess I'll change some water if it climbs above .25 .
Logan J

This one's at the house. It requires attention every day and it's a 30 mile drive to the store. Once we get the larger system up, I'll have to go every day I guess.
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom