Propagated my capnella!!! (Pics Inside)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yea, got a question, one of my branches that came off the capnella has attached to the back right corner of the tank it is about 1-2" long, and I was wondering, could I cut off the frag as close as it is connected and reconnect it to a piece of rock, or do I have to leave it alone??

If I understand your question, this is one that has previously attached and not the new frag? If so, yes you should be able to trim it from the rock and relocate it. Might even get the stub to grow. Just be sure you don't frag anything recently cut or it may stress it too much.

Cheers
Steve

What I mean is that the mother colony had spawned a branch that floated, and stayed in that one spot (Back Right Corner Of Tank) until it attached, which attached to the tank wall. What do you think of my baby? Dont you like it :D

What did you use to bind the coral to the plug/rock? Is it a plug or a rock it's attached to or is that just a mound of epoxy? Looks great for a first try :wink: .

What did you use to bind the coral to the plug/rock? Is it a plug or a rock it's attached to or is that just a mound of epoxy? Looks great for a first try .
I superglued it to a little piece of lr.

Btw, thanks steve :D It has its polyps all the way out now :D :D :D :D

SaltwaterTeen said:
So will cutting that one attached piece harm it?
The stub that remains behind will most likely not recover although it is more than possible depending on tank conditions. The longer the stalk left the higher the chances of regrowth. The larger fragged piece with the crown should be fine though. Trying to match lighting and flow in the new location as in the old will definately improve the odds.

Cheers
Steve

Oh yea, got another question. I want my frag on little rocks about quarters size, but dont want to go out and pay quite abit for them. Is there a way I could like buy a big bag of quarter sized seashells and glue the frags to them??? Thanks For Helping :D

That would be fine providing they are unpolished or coated in any way. The only drawback might be the smoother the shell surface, the less likely you will get a solid seal.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom