Propagating Anemones and Feeding Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I had two questions so I thought it might be easier just to throw them into one topic.

I'm attempting to find information on the propagation and culturing of anemones, as I know some people have mentioned cultured BTAs. I also found at least one website that sells them, and claimed that the anemones simply split on their own after a lot of good care. I am looking for a bit more science in the matter, so if anyone could share some experience or direct me somewhere it would be really helpful. I don't have any anemones myself and know roughly nothing about them-- this is for a project that does not actually involve any real anemones, but simply a theoretical set-up for culturing them.

And no Aiptasias, please. ;)

Second question- I was reading some articles today about feeding corals, and how they will slowly starve to death if I don't. The author said that minced krill and other sliced seafoods are fine for LPSes (I have a pearl bubble and a torch in my tank), but I couldn't find anything for my mushrooms (though technically they aren't corals).

Does anyone have some thoughts on this and where I can get some recommended food/ingredients for my corals? The LFS sells live phytoplankton, but according to what I've read most of them prefer zooplankton except for things like gorgonians. Currently our corals just get light and uhm...that's it. The single fish and cleaner shrimp in the tank get Cyclop-Eeze and the occasional frozen brine shrimp treat.

they may pick up some brine but i doubt it

man u better start feeding them

buy some phytoplankton and whip out the turkey basterand remember to turn off the protein skimmer

Man dont forget to do some research
Mr. marine

Back
Top Bottom