Proper acclimation process

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All inverts should be drip acclimated. I use a Styrofoam cooler with a piece of airline tubing from my tank into it with a ton of knots in it so it is a slow drip. Should drip for 2 hours, taking 50% of the water out at an hour.

I only temp snails and crabs, but that's just me. Shrimp, stars, nem's I'll drip.

Sniperhank said:
Snails I temp. Rest I drip. Keep in mind I am completely unable to keep any inverts alive besides hermits and snails.

Dang... Why not? Just bad luck?

Kio, if i knew the answer i'd do something different. So, I just keep throwing money at the problem. Next is a new DIY sump and DIY algae scrubber lol.

I only temperature acclimate snails, corals, hermit crabs, and anemones. All fish and other inverts are drip acclimated. I used to drip corals and anemones. Mr. X indicated in a post he did temp only on corals and I saw a video of a reef at low tide where a lot if stuff was exposed to air for hours at a time which also convinced me. Saltwaterfish.com says to only temp acclimate anemones, and sometimes the water in the bag is so fouled anyway. I've gotten one long tentacle from them and just temp acclimated with good results. I've had zero losses with the stuff I temp acclimated.

Back
Top Bottom