Proper Powerhead placement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RYANLAWRENCE

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I have a 40 gallon tank. I have a 750 gph coralvue powerhead. However I dont think my clownfish like it. I have it right near the surface so it makes a lot of ripples for oxygen. But my clownfish always hide behind it, acting like they dont like the current. Should I readjust my angle so they are more comfortable? They are quite small still. The biggest one is about 1.25 in and the smaller one is 1 in. Why are they always hiding behind the powerhead?

Clowns pick an area and are very territorial. They can go to other areas if they so desire. I would have it down lower and point it slightly upwards.

Mike is probably right, chances are they like the smaller confined space back there, in the wild they look for places like this to hide from predators. They aren't the first ones to "host" a power head.

Agree... if you move the powerhead, you can probably expect the clown to move with it. Think of it as a surrogate anemone.

Back
Top Bottom