proper use of nitrate test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have the "saltwater master liquid test kit" from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals, Inc..

Regarding the nitrate test: First I add 10 drops from bottle #1, then shake bottle #2 for 30 seconds, then add 10 drops from bottle #2, then shake the sample for 60 seconds, then wait 5 minutes and read the result.

"Shake" is the word I am using -- I do not have the original instructions, only the picture instructions on the reverse of each test card. The picture instructions show the vial or bottle with arrows around it to indicate what I interpret as either shaking or inverting.

My question is: do I vigorously shake the sample, or merely invert it repeatedly for the designated time? The more vigorously I shake it, the higher the result.

Sorry for the long post.

make sure you invert (not shake but it won't hurt if you did) the test tube after adding 10 drops from number 1 before you add drops from number 2.....and I shake everything all the time

Back
Top Bottom