Pros and Cons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

two11devan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am going to be building my DIY sump/fuge out of my 30 gal long tank. I have seen lots of designs about what compartment should go where. The two that I like are (from left to right) overflow from tank with skimmer/ fuge / return. The other one I saw was overflow from tank with skimmer/return / fuge. Is there really that much difference in performance between the two set ups?

IMO I would go with skimmer/return / fuge so that you don't have all the flow going through the fuge. Don't forget about a bubble trap after the skimmer. What I've seen done is the return line t'd off and a shutoff to control how much water goes through the fuge.
hth post back if this wasn't what you were wanting opinions on
Mike

Thats exactly what I'm talking about. The set up you mentioned looks like the preferred one. It just looked a little difficult to plumb from some of the pictures I have seen. It sounds easy enough though. Yes, bubble traps are definitely in the plans. Im still in the process of building my stand so the sump is next up on the list! Thanks for the reply!

Mine from left to right is fuge, bioballs soon to be LR rubble and skimmer/return.

Back
Top Bottom