Pros & Cons Mail Order or Fish Store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jinx

Aquarium Advice Regular
I really need as much feed back as possible on this one. As all of you know this is not the cheapest hobby! Plus I don't like killing such precious lil creatures. Now I love the help my guy at the fish store gives and I'm sure if I asked for anything he'd find it for me. However, the cost most likely would be more with him. He's still got to run a business! Anyways I've been weary of buying corals via online because I'm just not sure how that can be healthy but then how do fish stores get stock further north DUH
I lack experience buying coral online. I need to know red flags and good buys... Options please

I may be making an order online soon.. I've been looking at reefchicks.com today. I bought a couple of frags from them at coralcon in Orlando a couple months ago. Not a huge selection online but what they do have looks good. Also, if you live under the panhandle in fl, shipping is only $10 for overnight!

I've purchased many corals on eBay from a seller called "the coral farmer" and have been very happy with what I've gotten. Occasionally I've had a coral from him not make it but he was very quick to refund and even included free corals in another order to make up for one I lost. I highly reccommend him.

Back
Top Bottom