Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by melosu58

You need a mature tank of at least a year. Need lots of pods for them. A big tank with lots of LR is needed to house the pods. If you were to get one make sure you see it eat prepared food at the LFS.
Thanks. He explained they eat pods and im in no position to provide that yet. He also mentioned fire clowns? He has some coming in later today

Old 03-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Looks boring to me. Fire Clownfish (Amphiprion ephippium) Profile Information - Reeftime.com

Go for the percula or ocelleris clowns. Tank bred if at all possible. Less chance of disease IMO. Plus, they look more like the disney movie star.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

First i wanna thank you guys for the on the fly answers while I was at the lfs. Really appreciated it.

I think I've settled on 2 black clowns. The store I went to check out yesterday had some and they looked real good. He also ONLY sells tank bred. He made a point of telling me that. He also wouldnt sell me anything yesterday cause I didnt have a water sample. His store looked more like an office than anything with huge tanks everywhere and a seperate frag room too. So I'm thinking that's where I'll get most of my stuff.

However, I did buy something. I absolutely couldnt resist. And I know some people are gonna go oh no, mistake...but I did it anyways.
I bought a pink tipped anemone. It's my first real living thing in this tank other than cuc and i know I should have waited. It was just so beautiful. Guy told me how to care for it and even showed me how you feed it.

I hope I didn't make a huge error in judgement. My first baby. ))
Old 03-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

+1 on the Fire Clownfish looking boring; I think "Nemo" looks better. lol Good luck with that anemone.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #25
AA Team Emeritus

You're gonna have your hands full with that nem. What kinda lighting ya got? Likely not enuf to support it either. And in a new tank while still adding stuff, your tank isn't stable enuf yet. Good luck. I'll do my "I told you so" now. Later, you'll be too upset to hear it.

Good luck!

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've got a 30" quad T5. 96 watts total. if you don't mind, would you tell me some of the pitfalls I may encounter other than water stability? I knew better than to just throw fish in there but I was literally mesmorized by the anemone. i will do all in my power to see that it flourishs.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #27
AA Team Emeritus

I'm not the nem expert by a long shot, I just know they need sufficient light. What sufficient is, I dunno, but you may be there. Maybe some of nem folks can chime in. Or, look it up and read about it.

On the pitfalls.... lighting, water stability, getting sucked into powerheads, feeding.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Okie Dokie. I'll start a new thread. And go read up some. People's experiences can sometimes be a better teacher than an article.

Thanks again.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:25 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

The LFS wouldn't sell you a fish but sold you an anemone.
I'm confused, LOL
Old 03-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

different stores. lol

Tags
clown, clownfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com