Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warvillian

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 26 gal bowfront tank with a rio nano skimmer rated up to 30g. I am looking for a HOB skimmer that is "good for the money" most likely rated up to between 75-100 gallons being that I may upgrade my tank or buy another one. Any advice would be appreciated...thanks in advance.

You really don't need one, any tank under 30 gallons is fine with just regular water changes unless you are stocked slightly on the heavy side, and even then, your current skimmer still makes up the difference. Wait until you get your next tank, then get a properly sized skimmer, generally, you want a slightly oversized skimmer anyway, so you may just end up getting yet another skimmer even if you get another one now.

Yeah good point. My current skimmer just seems weak and I would like to replace it. So I figured if I replace it and want a bigger tank then I mine as well buy a bigger skimmer.

I love my octopus! It's not HOB though. It's in my sump. It's quite large but wow it works great.

Back
Top Bottom