Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImLookinForNemo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can I leave my skimmer on during the day and turn it off at night or does it have to run 24/7? The sound it makes keeps me from sleeping at night, because the tank is right next to my bed. Grr...

mine is right next to my bed as well. it bothered at first, but i put the pump completely under water and put a damper on the air intake tube. i still get a vibration buzz but i have learned to deal with it.

i dont think it would matter to turn it off at night, but not really sure. you might want to wait for someone elses reply on this one.

My tank is in my room also....It took a night or so to get used to it but now Im so used to it, I double check to see if the thing is even working! I'd give it a night or two before worrying about timers and all...If that work, then i'd go that route :wink: .

Well ive had the tank set up for over 5 weeks now and have been able to fall asleep, but its taking me longer to fall asleep with the noise than it used to. And the skimmer is working-the tray has foam , its just that the whirring noise sort of bothers me and i would rather just get rid of it altogether when im trying to sleep. So it probably shouldnt be a problem?

Reefrunner is right but itll take a while to start foaming everytime it starts up. its not worth the inefficency to me

Maybe set the timer to go off for an hour before you fall asleep til about an hour after this way it turns on when your passed out and you don't even notice it.

Back
Top Bottom