Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on what size tank you're working on. There really aren't any good quality skimmers in the sub $100 category. I would think the Prizm would be the best of that bunch. I wouldn't use if on a tank over 20 gal though. The best HOB skimmer is the Aqua C Remora for up to 55 gal. Aqua C Remora Pro for up to about 90 gal. For larger tanks, I'd probably go with the Turboflotor Multi.

Sorry, I should havbe been more detailed, I'm looking for a hang on skimmer for a 55 gallon tank. I guess the Prizm sounds pretty good

Dino,

I use one in my 55 gal system. I really have no other basis for comparison but it does remove scum. Im not really sure if ther is a test kit available for doc's . I have a pretty small bio load though only 4 small fish and about 10 inverts.

I have become pretty regular with my water changes also.

reefrunner69 said:
For larger tanks, I'd probably go with the Turboflotor Multi.

You prefer them over the larger Aqua-C insump models?

Not at all...I was assuming that an HOB skimmer was what was needed. I would go with an Aqua C EV series over any skimmer made. I thought the Turboflotor was probably the best HOB for a larger tank though.

dinotrex said:
Sorry, I should havbe been more detailed, I'm looking for a hang on skimmer for a 55 gallon tank. I guess the Prizm sounds pretty good

I wouldn't recommend this skimmer for a 55 gal tank. It will be better than nothing, but it really lacks the power to do an effective job. I know an Aqua C is about $65 over what you budgeted, but they really are that much better. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom