Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I am using a JEBO Protein Skimmer for the first time and how on earth do I control it? What is the goal with a Protein Skimmer? I have no idea wth I am supposed to do with this thing or how to control it or what to look for. PLEASE HELP!!!!

thx,

$imple

I think I get it now, but correct me if I'm wrong. Do I need to adjust it so that the foam is just barely creeping up and sliding into the chamber? That's what its doing now.

BTW, I didn't use the water out-take nozel to adjust it. I used the airhose coming out to the surface to do so. Let me know if I'm doing something wrong (please).

Thx,

$imple

I'm not familiar with Jebo skimmers, but you want a dry foam. If your cup is filling with tea colored water, you'll want to decrease the flow a little. If your skimmer pulls the air through the pump impeller, increasing the air will drop the water level a bit. Your skimmer effluent should be dark, nasty, and will probably stink. Most skimmers require a break in period before they really start to work right.

Back
Top Bottom