Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moejoephd

Aquarium Advice Activist
When i first set up my tank I got a seaclone 150 from a friend for 20 bucks, there was a reason why its 20 bucks lol. Some times it works great!!! sometimes it does nothing for days on end. Now that i have save up some cash i want to upgrade to a skimmer that does its job 24hours a day!!!! no excuses, none! If you have a great skimmer that skims the stink outta your tank please let me know what brand it is and how long you have been running it. I am looking for a HOT as i dont have a sump :cry: , so let me know what you guys are using, BTW i probably want to spend 150-200 on a new skimmer.

Others will disagree but I like my AquaC Remora HOB. Yes, it makes some noise and produces bubbles, especially in the beginning. But now that mine has broken in a bit that is much reduced and I'm always amazed at how much skimmate it pulls off.

copi said:
Others will disagree but I like my AquaC Remora HOB. Yes, it makes some noise and produces bubbles, especially in the beginning. But now that mine has broken in a bit that is much reduced and I'm always amazed at how much skimmate it pulls off.

I agree and disagree...
I got the skimmerbox and after 3 days no more bubbles... and the noise isn't THAT bad... GREAT SKIMMER ! I just got a sump and hope it'll HOB in the sump for me !

Yes 100gallon, and seems to be fully loaded so i really want a skimmer that skims 24 hours a day without question.

Well thats like 5 votes for the same skimmer, it must be a good one.

Look at, I believe they're called, AG skimmers. They're a Euro Reef knockoff that have had rave reviews.

The captivereef.com guy says they're now outselling all brands.

Those would be ASM skimmers but I don't think any of them are HOB. I think they're all in-sump models. That's what I'm looking at though. A ASM G3 skimmer to be exact...

I've had my Aqua C Remora Pro running for just over 6 months now and it works perfectly. No finnicky screw adjustments like the seaclone. Simply raise the collection cup up or down to contol the rate of skimmate production. I did my research very thoroughly before I made my purchasing decision and found the Remora Pro to be the best value out there.

wow i guess i really am going to get the aqua c, i think theres no question about that anymore, thanks guys :wink:

moejoephd said:
wow i guess i really am going to get the aqua c, i think theres no question about that anymore, thanks guys :wink:

Just be aware that there is the Remora model, and the Remora Pro. I wasn't aware of the difference when I bought mine, but was fortunate enough to end up with the appropriately sized model. For a 100 gal, you want the pro.

Yup i caught that earlier in the thread, good keepen eyes out 8O

Back
Top Bottom