Protein Skimmer for 180 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alarmguy66

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK People, I need a recommendation for my 180 gallon tank. I used my Remora C in my 180 and it did a great job, its cant keep up in my 180, nor did I really expect it to. The skimmer will go behind the wall in or near my 55 gallon sump, space isnt a problem. Whats the best for my situation?

Tagging along, I have a Berlin Turbo on my 180g and I think I could do better aswell... but my space is a bit limited as I need to put it underneath.

I recently purchased a HSA Model 250 for my 210. It is a monster!!
With the projected growth of my stock, I upgrade to this from a reefdevil. It pulls out a ton of gunk. Great skimmer!!

how are the Berlin skimmers. we sell them at work and i am looking for one on my 46 gal tank. but i did not know if it is any good. i would be getting the smaller of the 2 just becasue it will be going on a 46 gal tank with a 20 gal sump. or is the skimmer crap and not worth the money. i would be getting it at cost so it will be farly cheap.

I would stick with a Euro reef CS6-3 or a Aqua C EV 180. Both will de an awesome job!

I stay away from Red Sea Skimmers; nothing but trouble.

My vote goes to the Aqua C EV 180. IME, the Berlin Classics are an OK skimmer although they are not on the level of the Aqua C or EuroReefs. I wouldn't go with the Berlin Turbo as they have impeller problems.

I have the lifereef vs3-36 and since I have hooked it up it is pulling nice black stuff out and I have not had to do any adjustments to it. I am happy with my lifereef setup.

Back
Top Bottom