Protein Skimmer for 55 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's where I have my problem, I can't really afford a $175 protein skimmer in addition to everything else that needs to be purchased. Live rock isn't cheap. But if it's going to be the best quality I'll put off the SW setup until I can purchase something good.

I have a 55G also.
Yes, wait till you can do it right. I also freaked at the price. I first got a multi-filter w/ protien skimmer, called a Skilter. It was about $40. I was told the skimmer was useless and made tons of noise so I took it back.
I went with an AquaC Remora(not the Pro). Just installed it last night. It took about 5 minutes to install and run. It is VERY quiet. It is emitting many micro bubbles back into the tank but they say it is normal for the first couple weeks. It is already spewing foam.
Got it for $164 from CaptiveReefs.com.
I now am using the AquaC, a Millenium3000 HOB filter for carbon and bio supplement, and 40lb LR.
BTW, you are doing the right things already. Asking questions and researching before purchasing.

Back
Top Bottom