Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2010, 03:27 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well it seems to be working on Bige's tank. We just don't like unnatural stuff getting into a tank. Whats in it Bige?

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

TLC Aquarium and Pond Products

Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I called a friend that owns a lfs and he said he uses it. It is a bacteria supplement. All I can say is you need to see a tank with it in there. The store I went to here had crazy clean tanks. So clean that everyone that came in asked why. The answer was TLC. I dont buy gimmicks but his tanks were so clean. It cost me $12. You use 1 ounce per 25 g after water change or adding a fish. It is bacteria that goes to work on left over food and detritus. Taking algaes food supply.

I would have never tried it but I had strange algae that I could not control. I all but stopped feeding. Cleaned sand etc... Water was perfect and still algae. Now things seem to be pulling back. I was and am still not for sure it is a miracle in a bottle but if something does what it is claiming then I will spread the word.

Look it up on other forums. I did on my local forum and everyone is using it already.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I may have to order some then and try it out! I am very excited about it, as I am sick of this brown, whispy film that grows despite my efforts.

It almost sounds like Seachem stability. Same directions, claims the same results. I might add some of that first as I have a bottle sitting around here. What do you guys think?

Matt
Old 06-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice Bige. Go for it Matt. For $12 it could be one of the best things you ever buy.

On the Seachem, what does it say its for?

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

How about trying going lightless for three days. i have read where this is done on a monthly basis by some people and it works for them. the fish don't care. your water sounds fine
Old 06-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell0605 View Post
Nice Bige. Go for it Matt. For $12 it could be one of the best things you ever buy.

On the Seachem, what does it say its for?
Seachem says nearly the same. Says it rapidly establishes a biofilter to process ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. The directions are the same as the TLC stuff...

Sounds like the same thing. I added this stuff back when cycling, but think that my live rocks did the actual cylcing rather than seachem stability as the ammonia and nitrites took much much longer to come down than stability claims.

I added some to my tank today. We will see if it does anything. My guess is it will just pollute the water since its been opened a year ago.

I might order the TLC next month if the Stability hasnt worked.
Matt
Old 06-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropin View Post
How about trying going lightless for three days. i have read where this is done on a monthly basis by some people and it works for them. the fish don't care. your water sounds fine
This stuff grows at night with the lights off.

Plus, I have some acroporas and a crocea clam that might give me a good cussing for that...
Matt

Tags
nano, nano reef, protein, protein skimmer, reef, reef tank, skimmer, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com