Protein Skimmer Help . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcquillian

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an established 30 gal Oceanic Systems Cube Tank with a Bio Wheel 170 filter and a SeaClone SCPS 100 Protein Skimmer.

Here's my question. Everything is set up correctly and functional, however, I am getting large amounts of small bubbles coming back into the tank as soon as I introduce enough air to elevate the foam to reach the particulate cup. I have read the manual, and it does call out the fact that Stress Coat will temporarily create this situation.

How long does this typically last?

Can I still introduce air into the skimmer at a lower level?

Will these bubbles hurt the fish?

Sorry for all of the questions, but the manual is not the greatest. Anyone who has any experience with this , you opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

i have found that seaclones are good for this no matter what you try !! but imo the skimmer really isnt that good unless ya modify it a bit !! but yes stress coat is good for this and why i went with prime instead !! im guessing ya dont have a sump ?? but if ya did better to put the skimmer in there but imo the bubbles will not hurt anything !! have ran one for over a year and no fish issues :)

I have a SEACLONE skimmer ( Hang-on) and also have a issue with the bubbles. I don't see any problem with the fish or corals but the bubbles are VERY distracting. I am thinking about replacing my skimmer, with a sump skimmer.
let me know if solve the problem and what was done thanks.

I have a SEACLONE skimmer ( Hang-on) and also have a issue with the bubbles. I don't see any problem with the fish or corals but the bubbles are VERY distracting. I am thinking about replacing my skimmer, with a sump skimmer.
let me know if solve the problem and what was done thanks.

Seaclones are natorious for micro bubbles. No matter how long you have one htey will always bubble. Better off to get a different skimmer if teh bubbles are making you mad. JMO

I have been running a 150 model on our tank for about a year and I made the same mistake with stress coat in the begining I had to shut the air off completely and tried opening the valve once a week and it took mine 3 weeks if I remember right. One thing you might want to keep in mind when opening the air line you have to let it run atleast a half hour before you know if it will continue the micro bubble spillage and if it is more adjustment is nesesary. You may want to concider replacing the black air valve it came with because they are touchy any air control valve will do I use the real cheap t valve that cost about a nickel. I use to hate my sea-clone but as I said in the begining I have had it for almost if not over a year it never gives me problems anymore, I think that I should endorse these bad boys.

Back
Top Bottom