protein skimmer producing bubbles in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marquis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Please help i just moved my marineland seaclone skimmer from my 50 over to my 70 gallon tank and its putting bubbles in my sump its worked fiber before this i know a nub question but iv never had it happen before

Marquis said:
Please help i just moved my marineland seaclone skimmer from my 50 over to my 70 gallon tank and its putting bubbles in my sump its worked fiber before this i know a nub question but iv never had it happen before

Fiber=fine*

How old is the skimmer? Are the sumps the same? When you changed it over, was there a difference in the height of the water in the sump where the skimmer was and where it is now located?

AquaRick said:
How old is the skimmer? Are the sumps the same? When you changed it over, was there a difference in the height of the water in the sump where the skimmer was and where it is now located?

Skimmers over a year old i kept it at the same water level sumps basically the same set up but part that stops the bubbles is broken but still the skimmer never spit micro bikes into my tank before

I just got a used seaclone 100 and I'm kinda having the same issue, but with mine if I run the bubbles wide open, I get no micro bubbles in the tank, but my skimmate is thin like dark tea, if I try to adjust for thicker skimmate, I get tons of micro bubbles in the tank, the skimmer has been running for only 24hrs now, so I'm still figuring it out, I just did the bio ball/maxi-jet impeller mod, that seems to help some, though I think it will shorten the life of the pump.

Saratj1 said:
I just got a used seaclone 100 and I'm kinda having the same issue, but with mine if I run the bubbles wide open, I get no micro bubbles in the tank, but my skimmate is thin like dark tea, if I try to adjust for thicker skimmate, I get tons of micro bubbles in the tank, the skimmer has been running for only 24hrs now, so I'm still figuring it out, I just did the bio ball/maxi-jet impeller mod, that seems to help some, though I think it will shorten the life of the pump.

Im hoping mine is better tomorrow yours maybe need to break in or cleaned?

try taking the air flow control valve off, so you just have a tube coming out of the water to take in air.

I've also noticed if you mess with anything the bubbles/foam touches you can decrease the amount of skimmate going into the collection cup.

It doesn't make sense to me, but so far the more air/bubbles in the skimmer water column, the less micro bubbles in my tank. Although weak thin skimmate is the result.

Saratj1 said:
I've also noticed if you mess with anything the bubbles/foam touches you can decrease the amount of skimmate going into the collection cup.

It doesn't make sense to me, but so far the more air/bubbles in the skimmer water column, the less micro bubbles in my tank. Although weak thin skimmate is the result.

Do u just pull the dial straight out??

Yes, I've been moving between open tube, plastic airflow valve, and a brass air valve, trying to figure out whats doing what.

Ya mines the type that sits in your sump and the pump is enclosed inside the skimmer

Anyone else have any ideas iv tried all i can think of

It looks like you have a seaclone. I have the same. I made a catch can to catch the air bubbles, some hang on the back ones come with it

It looks like crap now, but when I'm done making a nice one it'll be fine

ForumRunner_20120225_074745.jpg

Back
Top Bottom