PS in sump or HOB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well with your current set ups a protein skimmer isnt necessarly needed. itll just pull out of of the desolved organics. which can also be accomplished with pwc. and a sump or fuge would always help more than hurt. with the fuge you could have macro algae in and would keep your nitrAtes down and help with phosphates. and with a sump its general added water volume and room for heaters top off etc..

If you want a fuge then go for it. If you want macro and such then a refuge isn't the only way to get there..is the point.. and big is relative. What you're calling big to a lot of us is a decent size sump. I'm a 90 w/ a 30g sump (filled to within 2 inches of the top)... and as I said above..I have a fuge.. it's in the middle chamber of my sump :)

well yeah i know you can have a sump and a fuge together lol. and well true its big for me lol. big saltwater i had was and still is my 2 gallon nano :) of course working at a fish shop does help with gettin what i want and need. my main concern was weather hob would be as good as all in one sump/ fuge?

Back
Top Bottom